I was so excited to be asked by Dorset Tea to share the beautiful coastline and vibrant countryside with other foodie bloggers on the Dorset Tea glamping experience.
We stayed overnight in the Glampotel Canvas Cottages (more on these in another blog), introduced to Dorset Tea’s new range of fruit, black, green & herbal infusions and we then hit the Dorset coast on a foraging expedition, all while sipping on Dorset Tea’s wide array of countryside cuppas!!
But you don’t need to venture far to enjoy a taste of the countryside this summer. From the 22nd June, Dorset Tea is encouraging the nation to explore the outdoors and get in touch with nature as it offers free bespoke tea caddies with every box of 80 Dorset Tea sachets, available from Waitrose and the Dorset Tea website. People will also have the chance to win limited edition Dorset Tea branded enamelware with every tea caddy pack. The Dorset Tea caddy is the perfect accompaniment for any camping experience, keeping your tea bags fresh and truly helping you experience the sights, sounds and smells of Dorset.
Dorset Tea’s Golden Blend is a classic refreshing cuppa for any time of day, while its unique Dorset Breakfast Blend helps get your holiday mornings off to the very best start.
The refreshing herbal additions include the Earl of Dorset, Cool Camomile, Wild About Mint and Dorset Breakfast, while the revitalising green teas feature Pure Green Tea and Green Tea with Sunshine Lemon. Plus the juicy fruit infusions boast Blackberry Syllabub, Strawberries and Cream, Foraged Fruits and Ginger with Sunshine Lemon – all bursting with the finest natural ingredients and inspired by the colour and vitality of Dorset.
Inspired by the natural life, colour and vitality of Dorset – and using only natural flavours – these delicious teas encompass the feelings and aromas of the great outdoors, packaged into beautiful, easy-open boxes. These uniquely delicious infusions are available online at www.dorsettea.co.uk and from the hot drinks aisle in Waitrose with an RRP of £2.25 for 20 tea sachets.
- Earl of Dorset – This splendid earl grey tea herbal infusion is a celebration of all the great Dorset Earls – possibly best enjoyed in a china cup with your ‘pinky’ raised
- Strawberries & Cream – Deliciously indulgent strawberry and cream flavours, as tasty as Dorset’s scrummy strawberry cream teas
- Blackberry Syllabub – Juicy blackberry and indulgent cream tea flavours, as deliciously decadent as this classic Dorset dessert
- Foraged Fruits – Juicy blackberry, sweet strawberry & soft raspberry flavours; a fruity natural tea delight inspired by Dorset’s abundant hedgerows
- Wild About Mint – Peppermint, wild herbs & tingling nettle herbal tea infusion. As invigorating as Dorset’s sea breezes
- Green Tea with Sunshine Lemon – Light & refreshing green tea with a boost of zingy lemon. Bright & bold like a summer’s day in Dorset
- Pure Green Tea – Light & refreshing green tea inspired by the lush, green Dorset countryside
- Cool Camomile – Let go & enjoy the laid-back Dorset lifestyle with this delicious camomile herbal tea infusion.
The original taste of Dorset:
- Dorset Tea Gold Blend – We’ve carefully selected tea from Africa and India to create a golden blend tea that is deliciously smooth and full of flavour.
- Dorset Tea Decaffeinated – Dorset Tea decaf, with nothing but the caffeine removed
Dorset Tea Glamping
It was a sultry June day as we sat outside our canvas cottages tasting the wonderful teas and enjoying a luscious Dorset Tea infused Apple Cake (made by Lizzie Baking Bird).
We were then whisked off to see the sites of Weymouth & Portland. Before rounding off the day at The Crab House Café for a spectacular seafood meal.
After a cosy night under canvas (well except for the thunderstorm) I woke to make a warming mug of Dorset Breakfast tea and get ready to head to the seashore for a spot of foraging!
We met up with James Feaver of Hedgerow Harvest (read my blog about James here) and spent the morning gathering goodies that you can find on & in the seashore. Which we then all enjoyed for our lunch!
It was an amazing couple of days, making new blogger friends and it also gave me the chance to show what Dorset food has to offer, plus of course the wonderful teas made by Dorset Tea – perfect…!
5 Cobham Road